Events Coordinator – Tarrytown, New York
Who We Are:
CrossBorder Solutions is the global leader in technology-driven tax solutions for corporations. The Company’s AI driven; cloud-based tax technology solutions help tax departments navigate the increasingly complex global landscape. CrossBorder Solutions has created Fiona – the world’s most advanced AI tax expert – as human based approaches to tax compliance are stuck in the past. The Company is a hyper-growth start-up and has experienced over 200% year-over-year growth since its inception. The Company has just completed a $40 million Series B investment led by Insight Partners, a leading global venture capital and private equity firm investing in high-growth technology and software companies that are driving transformative change in their industries.
What You Will Do:
If you are seeking a career in meeting and event planning and enjoy planning small to medium size events and supporting a team, we want to meet you. We are looking for an engaging, proactive, and detail-oriented Events Coordinator that thrives within a team environment and is passionate about providing an outstanding experience.
Here Are Some Specifics:
The Events Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Client Success team with venue searches, vendor management and overall logistics. You will also plan and manage small to medium size events hosted by us. You will manage the end-to-end planning and execution for meetings, company outings, and other events. You’ll also be working with and leveraging team members and vendors for a successful day-of delivery. There will be development opportunities to provide planning assistance for larger scale meetings, manage special projects and create and drive new processes for meetings & events.
- Deliver exceptional client service with a consultative, solutions-oriented approach
- Support Marketplace planners with logistics, planning, venue research and vendor management for events delivered throughout the country.
- Manage end-to-end planning and execution of small to medium size events.
- Track and submit expenses invoices and budget allocations.
- Schedule meetings and coordinate calendars.
- Strict adherence to meeting protocols (cost-saving measures, risk policies, contract approvals).
- Liaison between meeting stakeholders, vendors, registration, and other teams to understand and interpret meeting objectives and navigate the company’s event planning processes
- Source appropriate venues on behalf of meeting stakeholders to capture vision and objective of event while also meeting budget, size and location/date requirements.
- Source and secure vendors such as AV, catering, florist, photographer, etc.
- Procure necessary branded items or marketing collateral based on event needs.
- Serve as single point of contact for both the event sponsor and the hotel/event venue or office operations team.
- On-site support for designated meetings to ensure successful meeting execution.
- Audit and submit all event related invoices for processing
- Travel as needed
What You Will Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-3 years’ experience managing medium to large sized events
- Ability to deftly and creatively manage event details and deliver timely reports on progress
- Uphold the organization’s brand
- Ability to work and communicate appropriately with a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent technology and computer skills
- Familiarity with design and print production processes
- Ability to motivate staff and volunteers
- Strong organizational skills; self-starter with an acute attention to detail and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
What We Offer:
- Great team culture
- A very competitive salary
- A fantastic opportunity to be part of a fast-paced and rapidly growing team that has revolutionized the industry (we truly believe in promoting from within!)
- A chance to work with a passionate, driven and fun global team
- Opportunities to be recognized and to build valuable skills to grow your career
- Great benefits