R&D Tax Credit Practice Leader – Tarrytown, New York
Do you like working in fast growing B2B organizations? The original CrossBorder Solutions, a fintech SaaS company, was one of the leading tax software companies in the world when it was sold to Thomson Reuters in 2007. The Company helped thousands of multinational corporations optimize their inter-company pricing. In 2016, the original founders relaunched the company and are on track to become one of the fastest growing start-ups in the United States. Currently, the Company is experiencing over 300% growth.
We work with a diverse client base across numerous industries and are looking to grow our R&D Tax Credit practice. We have recently released a R&D tax credit software platform to provide corporations with the technology necessary to prepare R&D tax credit studies. The Company is in hyper growth mode and last year completed its first round of institutional financing with Kennet Ventures, a leading Silicon Valley venture capital fund. As such, we seek highly motivated, innovative and enthusiastic individuals to join the Professional Services team.
Here Are Some Specifics:
As the R&D Tax Credit Practice Leader for the Professional Services team, utilizing a bespoke technology platform, you will be responsible for a client portfolio for whom you will work on identifying and quantifying federal and state research tax credits. In this role you will supervise R&D Tax Credit projects, research tax issues, interview clients and document eligible tax credit criteria. The Practice Leader also assists the sales team in sales and marketing efforts.
This is a unique opportunity for a driven individual to take a leadership role within a technology startup. The ideal candidate should have 4+ years of experience of interacting directly with clients, managing client assignments and audit or tax teams at an accounting, tax or management consulting firm. Experienced candidates should demonstrate comprehensive technical skills, building relationships both internally and externally across different levels of management, developing project plans, managing workflows, and comprehending complex written and verbal materials as well as managing and developing junior staff members.
What You Will Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance or the hard sciences. CPA/JD a plus
- Four+ years of experience in R&D Tax Credits
- Ability to prioritize and drive progress on multiple projects at once, comfortable juggling projects in various stages of completion
- Lead a team in the preparation of client credit studies including conducting information interviews with clients, obtaining
- documentation from clients, and drafting technical reports and correspondence
- Assist with taxing authority audit defense
- Working closely with the sales team to assist in business development
- Self-motivated and able to work in a deadline-driven, fast paced environment
- Strong analytical, project management and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work collaboratively in a team environment as well as independently to achieve results
- Ability to manage client accounts and regularly conduct client meetings, capable of setting client expectations
- Prior success in leading key business development, project delivery and practice development activities preferred
- Contribute as industry expert by keeping abreast of changes in industry regulation, maintain competency through continuined education and obtaining additional professional certifications
- Capable of overseeing a team and providing training, feedback and supervision to junior staff
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
What’s in it For You:
- Great team culture
- Competitive Pay and Benefits
- Fun, friendly and casual work environment with daily snacks and weekly catered lunches
- Unparalleled experience as part of one of the most advanced teams in the world, with opportunities to be recognized and to build valuable skills and grow your career.
CrossBorder Solutions is committed to promoting the values of diversity and inclusion throughout the business. Whether it is through recruitment, retention, career progression or training and development, we are committed to improving opportunities for people regardless of their background or circumstances.