Research & Development (R&D) Research Associate
Midtown, New York
Who we are:
CrossBorder Solutions is the global leader in technology-driven tax solutions for corporations. The Company’s AI driven; cloud-based tax technology solutions help tax departments navigate the increasingly complex global landscape. CrossBorder Solutions has created Fiona – the world’s most advanced AI tax expert – as human based approaches to tax compliance are stuck in the past. The Company is a hyper-growth start-up and has experienced over 200% year-over-year growth since its inception. The Company has just completed a $40 million Series B investment led by Insight Partners, a leading global venture capital and private equity firm investing in high-growth technology and software companies that are driving transformative change in their industries.
What You Will do:
The Research Associate is responsible for centralizing and maintaining all content and knowledge-based information regarding R&D tax credits across the company from pre-sales to development to the internal professional services group. For example, country specific rules are built into the software functionality, reports and any other client deliverables, sales materials, and podcasts. the Research Associate will make sure that all the information needed across the company is in one centralized place and up to date.
Here Are Some Specifics:
- Research and review tax and accounting literature, and perform general research on international R&D tax
- Research and review country-specific tax regulations across relevant countries
- Research and keep abreast of law changes in subject matter
- Compile and verify data updating country specific information pertinent to R&D tax credit procedures
- Centralizing information to be used by different departments within CrossBorder Solutions
What You Will Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, or the hard sciences. CPA/JD is a plus.
- A passion to gain a strong understanding of R&D Tax Credit concepts;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to prioritize and drive progress on multiple projects;
- Self-motivated and able to work in a deadline-driven environment;
- Strong analytical, research, and project management skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work collaboratively in a team environment as well as independently to achieve results;
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
What’s in it For You:
- Great team culture;
- Competitive Pay and Benefits;
- Unparalleled experience as part of one of the most advanced teams in the world, with opportunities to be recognized and to build valuable skills and grow your career.
CrossBorder Solutions is committed to promoting the values of diversity and inclusion throughout the business. Whether it is through recruitment, retention, career progression or training and development, we are committed to improving opportunities for people regardless of their background or circumstances.
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis as we do not provide sponsorship for employment visa status for this position.